Calling all backyard grillers- we’ve got the perfect summertime grilled chicken recipe for you! Simple but delicious, the real star of this recipe is the mouthwatering glaze made with honey sticks, garlic, lemon, and soy sauce. Top it over moist grilled chicken and you’ve got yourself a 5-star meal that’ll have you reaching for seconds. So, fire up that grill, and let’s make some honey glazed grill chicken.
3 Tips For Cooking The Perfect Chicken
Looking to make a chicken dinner that really wows? Before we get to the recipe, let’s first talk about what little tips and tricks you can use to grill the perfect piece of moist chicken every single time.
Brine your chicken
Do you think of brining as an unnecessary step? Think again! Taking the extra time to brine your chicken can help tenderize the chicken while adding an excellent boost of flavor.
Use thin slices of chicken
Larger cuts of chicken can easily lend to burning and uneven cooking. Skip the headache by using slices of chicken that are no more than ¾ inches in thickness.
Use a meat thermometer
Meat thermometers are a great tool to ensure your chicken is never raw or dry. Simply stick it into the thickest part of your chicken and when it reads 165 degrees, your juicy piece of chicken is ready to serve!
Now that you know what it takes to grill chicken, let’s get to the recipe itself. With less than ten ingredients, you can make this delicious honey glaze. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons honey or honey sticks for tea
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by stirring 2 tablespoons of salt into 4 cups of water. This is your chicken brine. Place the chicken into the brine and allow it to sit for 1 to 2 hours in the fridge. Once your chicken is done brining, rinse well and pat dry.
- Next, it’s time to work on the glaze. In a bowl, add the honey sticks, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Mix until evenly combined and the glaze has formed. Using a basting brush, brush both sides of all 4 chicken breasts with a generous amount of glaze. Make sure you also have some glaze leftover to brush on while grilling.
- To ensure a more even cook, let the chicken rest for 15 minutes at room temperature. Use this time to prep and preheat your grill to medium-high heat, a surface temperature of about 450 degrees.
- Place the chicken on the grill, over direct heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Next, flip the chicken and give each piece another brush with the honey glaze. Repeat this exact process every 5 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. To test if your chicken is ready to take off the grill, use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature. Once the thickest part of the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees, it is done.
- Set the chicken aside and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your plates with a fresh salad, roasted veggies, or any of your other favorite sides. Complete the dish with a hearty piece of honey glazed grilled chicken and your meal is officially ready to serve!
This recipe is brought to you by Bee Man Honeystix, the best place to get your flavored honey sticks!