If you recently bought bulk honey sticks, you can use some of the sticks to make a simple DIY face mask for your skin. This face mask recipe is great for skin exfoliation and hydration, and you can make it using 3 simple ingredients found in your own kitchen. The ingredients are honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon. You won’t have to spend all your money on expensive face masks when you already have the ingredients for this simple mask right at your fingertips. As the air gets colder, and your skin gets drier, this recipe is a great way to know how to use a honey stick and it will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft, and supple.
In this recipe, the honey acts as a humectant, which means it will seal the moisture into your skin leaving it smooth. Honey is found in most moisturizers because of its hydrating effects. Nutmeg is the anti-inflammatory ingredient that will ease redness and soothe sensitivities on the skin. Cinnamon is the ingredient that acts as a preventative for acne and eczema which will stop a build up of dead skin cells on your face.
As a disclaimer, the cinnamon can cause a slight burning sensation since it will bring blood up to the surface. If you are uncomfortable with that feeling, then you can skip that ingredient altogether and just use the honey and nutmeg. If you are allergic or sensitive to any of these ingredients, do not use this face mask.
Do not refrigerate the concoction because it will harden and be difficult to apply again. It's best to make a new batch of the face mask each time you want to use it. Each of the ingredients used in this recipe have a long shelf life, so they will not expire or go bad for a very long time. Below is the recipe for the face mask.
1 Honey Stick
1 Tbsp Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Take a hot shower, and dry off with a towel when you are done. It is best to apply the mask to your face when your pores are open.
- Open your honey stick, and squeeze the honey into a bowl. Add the nutmeg and cinnamon to the bowl. Stir the concoction until an even mixture is achieved.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 20 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash the mask off. Wash it off using circular motions from your fingers. This will help exfoliate the skin and make it smooth.
- Once your face is clean, moisturize your skin.
Your skin should feel smooth and hydrated after using this mask. Do not reuse this mask if you experienced any irritation on your face. If this mask worked for your skin, reapply at least once a week to achieve the best results. This is just one of the many ways to use your bulk honey sticks. Honey has lots of nutritional benefits as well as skin benefits, so there is always a use for those extra honey sticks.