Who doesn’t love a classic noodle dish? This delicious comfort food is loved by many, and for good reason! They’re incredibly delicious, versatile, and, most importantly, super easy to make. This take on noodles is exactly that, using ingredients like honey sticks, sriracha, and garlic to create a burst of flavor that’s sweet, spicy, and savory. They also work perfectly as a meal on their own, or they can be prepared with your choice of stir-fried veggies or protein to create a filling meal packed full of nutrients. Follow the instructions below and try out this dish for yourself the next time you’re in the mood for a bowl of yummy noodles.
Honey sriracha garlic stir fry noodle recipe
- 12 ounces of your favorite stir fry noodles
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- ¼ Cup of soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of honey or honey sticks for tea
- 2 Tablespoons of sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- You favorite noodle toppings (cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds, etc.)
As delicious as these noodles are to eat, they’re just as easy to make! Begin by boiling a pot of water and cooking your noodles of choice following the directions on the package. Make sure to leave the noodles slightly undercooked as they will later continue to cook with the sauce. In the meantime, peel and mince your garlic. Once your garlic is prepped, whisk it together with the lime, soy sauce, honey sticks, sriracha, and sesame oil. If desired, you can use flavored honey sticks to change up the flavor profile. In a large pan, heat up the olive oil over a high flame. When the oil is ready, transfer the drained noodles as well as enough sauce to evenly coat everything. Stir fry the ingredients until it is all heated through (about a minute). Finally, your dish is ready to be plated and topped with your favorite selection of toppings. Enjoy by itself or as a side to veggies and meat.
Tips for making the perfect stir fry
Stir frying is pretty simple but if you’re looking for tips to perfect your technique, we’ve got you covered! Here are 3 simple tips you can use to help give your meal a restaurant quality taste:
- Make sure your pan is extremely hot- In order to get a nice sear on your food, you need to use a hot pan. Try letting your pan sit over a high flame for about 5 minutes with nothing on it. Once it’s sufficiently heated, pour the oil over it and begin cooking.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan- Again, to get your dish to sear, the pan needs to be hot. Unfortunately, putting too many ingredients into the pan can reduce the heat and lead to steaming instead of frying. To avoid this, cook in batches if your pan is too small to accommodate the amount of food you’re cooking.
- Use the right type of pan- Woks work best for stir frying so ideally you should be using this type of pan. However, anything non-stick, long, flat, and retains heat well will make a good substitute. Skillets and saute pans are good options for anyone who doesn’t have a wok handy.