Autumn is fast approaching, meaning it’s almost time to kiss summer goodbye and say hello to all the things we love about fall, like family holidays, colorful leaves, and homey comfort foods to warm us up on cold nights. Speaking of fall recipes, this honey apple bundt cake is a perfect dessert to ring in the new season. Its nutty, sweet, and lightly spiced flavors combine beautifully to create a bite that perfectly sums up everything there is to enjoy about this special time of year.
Apples are a fall staple
There’s a reason why apples are featured in so many fall recipes, like pies, ciders, tarts, and more. It’s because it’s the peak of apple harvesting season! Grocery stores have an abundance of perfectly ripe and juicy apples, and what better way to show off their flavors than with a sweet dessert or spicy drink? By pulling out the natural flavors of the apple with honey sticks, spices, and walnuts, this bundt cake just does that, making it a wonderful fall treat to enjoy all season long.
Honey apple bundt cake recipe
Whether you’re looking for a breakfast pastry to compliment your morning cup of coffee, a midday snack, or a sweet dessert to finish a tasty meal, this delicious bundt cake has you covered. Here’s everything that you’ll need to make this moist treat at home:
- 3 Apples
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ½ Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup of vegetable oil
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- ¾ Cup of honey or honey sticks for tea
- ¾ Cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon of ground allspice
- Once you have all your ingredients ready, begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
- Then, you can move on to preparing your apples by peeling, coring, and slicing them.
- Next, use a large bowl to whisk together the eggs, oil, and sugar.
- Once evenly mixed, add in the honey and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Sift the dry ingredients to get rid of any clumps, and then slowly mix them into the wet ingredients.
- To finish the batter, gently fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Next, prepare a 9-inch bundt cake pan with grease or parchment paper.
- Once prepared, fill the pan with the batter and transfer it into the oven to bake.
- Bake until the cake turns golden brown or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, which should typically take around 50 to 55 minutes.
- Once the cake is finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Additionally, if you want an extra boost of flavor, you could also top your cake with cinnamon-flavored honey sticks before serving.
And that’s all! This incredibly simple recipe is perfect to whip up for any occasion. Not to mention it’s a great way to experience the flavors of fall we all know and love, like cinnamon, honey sticks, and, of course, delicious apples. Try it out for yourself the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet!